Position: Project Engineer
Crvena Glavica Investment doo Budva, an investment and development company in the hospitality industry in Montenegro, is currently seeking to recruit Project Construction Engineer.
The company is part of a more prominent international family holding company. We are committed to the acquisition, construction, and management of global investment projects focusing on long-term, sustainable businesses that promise steady capital accumulation.
Our values: reliability, genuineness, enthusiasm, long-term impact, thoughtfulness, and guardianship.
We offer superior professional development opportunities and search the globe for the most skilful people to help us achieve our goals and deliver long-term growth using the finest practices.
We promote human advancement and harmony through cooperation, honesty, and social responsibility.
Crvena Glavica Investment doo is engaged in developing an attractive beachfront hotel, and residential complex envisioned as a renewed world hotel operator. The resort is the first of many future large-scale hospitality projects of Crvena Glavica Investment and its sister companies in Montenegro.
Crvena Glavica Mixed-use Hotel resort is located within a 10 minutes drive from Budva, overlooking the famous islet hotel Sveti Stefan.
The resort will spread over 3.2 hectares of land, ideally located within the exceptional landscape of the Mediterranean mature pine, cypress and olive groves preserved and nurtured forest.
The resort will provide the quietest type of holiday for chosen guests, as well as active recreation and entertainment for those who desire it.
Gross Development Area 25.000 m2.
We are looking for a Project Construction Engineer responsible for coordinating all project elements, including engineering design, quality planning, construction, installation, commissioning, and handover phases, and ensuring the project remains within budget. To assist with the scheduling, planning, forecasting, resourcing, and managing of technical activities to ensure project quality. Who will be responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines of the project and will establish inspection criteria for the proper implementation of all the elements of a project.
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Main point of contact for all project participants such as architect, engineers, contractors, and consultants involved into the execution stage of the projects on the site initiation and administration of all ongoing controls and checks of quality and standardized technological processes on the site
- Supervision of the construction of facilities at all stages and carrying out all types of quality control of construction and installation works (input, operational, and acceptance)
- Control over the execution of approved construction and installation technologies, compliance of the materials used with the design ones, as well as the quality of construction and installation works with the requirements of the project and standards
- Ensure resolving issues on making changes to the project linked with the cost reduction (ie the value engineering)
- Pro-actively seek and identify all potential risks which may negatively affect the project or the company
- Take part in the consideration and approval of changes in design solutions arising during construction, resolves issues on replacing materials, structures, if necessary (without reducing the quality of construction objects)
- Coordinate the implementation of construction plans, the deadlines and quality of construction and installation activities, as well as the quality of the materials used, approved design and estimate documentation, project drawings, construction regulations, standards, technical conditions, safety rules
- Take measures to prevent and eliminate the causes that may bring to missing the deadlines and deterioration in the quality of construction and installation activities
- Control the quality of elimination by construction vendors of deficiencies, defects promptly
- Keep records of completed construction and installation works and prepares the necessary data for reporting on the implementation of construction plans
- Drawing up a technical report with photo fixation (if necessary)
- Monitor status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project
- Review design, tender and construction documents, including quality control
- Ensure close-out documentation and project archives are completed
- Provide continuous communication with the subcontractors/service providers to collect and transfer the ideas to the design team
- Prepare regular purchase & delivery status report
- Coordinate project meetings and discussions with the project management [PM] team and external consultants/contractors/suppliers
- Execute the snagging procedure collecting and controlling of all essential documents needed for the building use permission coordinating warranty related issues and addressing them to our contractors
Reports to: Managing director of Crvena Glavica Investment doo and functional report to technical manager
- Control local estimates, individual estimated resource norms and prices for construction and installation work, check the estimated cost of material resources, calculations of the cost of work and costs provided for in the consolidated estimate of the cost of construction
- Check the monthly works done schedules , addressing and negotiating identified differences with the principal contractor before the approval for monthly invoicing
- Draw up estimates for additional types of work, the costs of which are not provided for in the corresponding prices, and coordinate them with the PM team
- Provide cost control actions to the internal PM team aimed at staying within budget or below it
- Prepare regular project costing reports to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget
- Perform commercial review of design documents and undertake value engineering exercise
- Assist in performing a technical and commercial review of tenders
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve commercial issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project within the approved budget
- Coordinate suppliers and vendors to discuss project/product specifications
Education: Degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering
Requirements to the candidates
Past employment experience: minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Proven experience in similar construction projects from start to finish
Legally able to work in Montenegro [has all the required work permits and citizenship]
Key knowledge and skills required for this position:
- Proficient in standard industry software
- Technically strong in project cost planning and reporting
- Language skills: Serbian language (fluent), Montenegrin (welcomed), English language (fluent), Russian language (spoken, with the ability to write emails is welcomed)
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (Gmail/Calendar, Google docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive) and MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills
- Laws and other regulatory legal acts of Montenegro in the field of construction activities
- Administrative, methodological and regulatory documents for the implementation of construction and installation works
- Technical conditions and schedules for the implementation of construction and installation works
- The procedure for the acceptance of completed construction projects and methods for controlling their quality
- Procedure for registration of design estimates and other technical documentation
- Economics knowledge
- Environmental protection legislation
- Safety regulations
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to plan and forecasts
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to solve problems
- Experience in leisure/hospitality project is a big advantage
- Team player
Working schedule: 08:00 -16:00 - flexibility in the working schedule will be required
Place of work: Budva
Starting date: immediately
We also offer:
- Great working environment
- Work in the attractive hospitality sector
- Opportunity to be part of a successful company
- Opportunity to develop personal, professional skills
- Great opportunity in working on and developing:
- a pipeline of ambitious hotel projects
- a project which will establish an exclusive\ trendy location on the coastal area
- projects which will influence Montenegrin hospitality and tourism industries
- projects that will be recognisable in the Mediterranean area