ADRIATIC42, a first-class yard for the servicing, maintaining and repairing of yachts and superyachts, is a joint venture company of Drydocks World (a DP World company) and PM holding (wholly owned by investment Corporation of Dubai – ICD). ADRIATIC42 is strategically located in one of the safest natural harbors in the world; the enclosed Boka Kotorska Bay in Montenegro. Our aim is to redevelop it by employing the latest equipment and the industry’s most cost-effective new techniques and services to bring the country’s renowned sector skills to the Mediterranean/Adriatic Yacht market.
Supervisor – Scaffolding
We are now recruiting to put the right team in place to take this venture forward!
Subsequently an exciting opportunity has now arisen for a highly motivated and experienced Supervisor – Scaffolding to take over the responsibility for planning, assigning and communicating staging jobs in the yard to workers to meet set milestones in order to ensure timely delivery of projects.
Required qualifications, experience & skills
- High school, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in industrial or marine scaffolding works of which at least 2 years of experience as charge-hand scaffolder.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures, specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Good math skills for calculating measurements when building scaffolds.
- Thorough knowledge in various types of staging materials. i.e., Haki, Cuplock, Tube & Coupler.
- Licence as per Montenegrin law for scaffolding.
- Leading and supervising workers to perform related activities such as setting out, fixing and removing staging structures.
- Coordinating with project team for identifying the job scope and timely highlighting of discrepancies from owner specifications /tenders.
- Preparing daily time sheets for the team and make sure overtime hours are controlled well.
- Ensuring optimum use of resources and adequate control on wastage of materials/consumables.
- Liaising with other discipline foremen / supervision to ensure the optimum utilization of available resources, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Creating progress reports on a daily basis and ensuring that any significant information is communicated to the supervisor i.e., resource shortfalls, surplus, HSEQ concerns
- Ensuring that the workers are properly supplied with machineries, tools, equipment and materials and everything is in proper order and state of maintenance
- Working as a team leader responsible for development / motivation of sub-ordinates, on the job training and performance appraisal of the team members
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, then please send your CV along with your motivation letter on email@example.com latest by 29th February 2024.
All applications will be treated with confidentiality, and circulation of candidate information shall be limited to internal administration relative to the recruiting process.
All applications must be in English. Position remains open until filled.
We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in the process!